Many of our clients depend upon us for advice and support which extends beyond the core activities of filing and prosecuting patents, trade marks and designs. To that end, our attorneys have considerable experience of working in and with corporate IP departments, both in multinational companies and high-tech start-ups. This means that we recognise and truly understand the commercial realities of intellectual property, and ensure that your IP strategy is properly aligned with your business needs.
Among our strategy and commercial services are:
- Portfolio reviews and IP audits (including funded audits through GrowthAccelerator)
- Identifying protectable inventions/brands/designs
- Helping you develop an IP filing strategy
- Commercialisation advice – making your IP work for you
- Training your staff, and raising awareness of IP within your company
- Helping UK based clients to reduce your tax burden through Patent Box tax relief
- Advising on IP-related transactions (transfers and licenses) and conducting due diligence
- Clearance searches and freedom to operate opinions
- Preparing infringement and validity opinions
- Opposing European patents at the EPO
- Supporting IP related litigation
To learn more about our commercial consultancy services, please contact Helga Chapman.