Patent and Trade Mark Consultant
- Master’s level degree, Computer Science, University Munich
- German Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Servicing Patent Attorney in Austria
- Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- German patent attorneys' chamber (Patentanwältskammer)
- European Patent Institute (EPI)
- American IP Law Association (AIPLA)
ProfileTom is a qualified German and European Patent Attorney who has been active in Intellectual Property since 2007. He is also experienced in acting directly before the Austrian and Swiss Patent Offices, is licensed in Germany for secret patents and regularly handles patent applications at the EPO, German and UK Patent Offices. His experience spans respected law firms, as well as in-house.
Tom studied Physics, Mechanical Engineering and Informatics at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München and the Technische Universität (TU) Berlin before turning to Intellectual Property. He studied European Patent Law at Université de Strasbourg (URS), followed by Law for Patent Attorneys at FernUniversität (FU) in Hagen.
He is one of very few (less than 1%) German Patent Attorneys with a Master's level degree in Computer Science from the LMU Munich. As such he is a highly sought after specialist in the field of software and IT patents.