- MSci Physics, St Andrews University
- PhD, University of Southampton
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- Patent Attorney Litigator
- European Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Institute of Physics (IoP)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
ProfileCatherine joined Chapman IP following three years working as a Patent Attorney in the Intellectual Property division of Dyson Technology. She also has extensive experience as a Patent Attorney in private practice, advising a broad range of clients including early stage companies, SMEs and multinational corporations.
Her experience includes filing and prosecuting patent and design applications across a wide range of mechanical engineering and physics-based subject matter, as well as providing advice on invention harvesting, product clearance and commercial management of IP rights. She specialises in medical technologies, telecommunications, photonics, electronics and displays, as well as gaming equipment and systems.
Catherine is one of our industrial designs specialists and advises on all aspects of these rights.
Catherine graduated from St Andrews University with a Physics degree and attained a PhD at the Optoelectronics Research Centre, University of Southampton. Her PhD research related to planar waveguide devices. She entered the profession in 1999.
Catherine tutors within the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys’ tutorial programme and is one of the authors of the CIPA training manual for trainee Patent Attorneys.