- BEng Mechanical Engineering, Leeds University
- UK Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Patent Attorney Litigator
- Trade Mark Attorney
- European Trade Mark Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- European Patent Institute (EPI)
ProfileFollowing many years’ experience as a Patent Attorney in private practice and as IP Counsel at Rolls-Royce Aerospace, Helga founded Chapman IP in 2002. Helga’s speciality is in providing business-focused IP services including due diligence, competitor analysis and IP infringement advice.
Helga’s technical expertise in prosecuting and advising on patents spans a broad range of technologies. Her clients cover a wide spectrum of technologies and backgrounds. She is also experienced at representing clients in hearings at the European Patent Office.
Helga is also one of our trade marks specialists and advises on all aspects of trade mark rights. She is additionally experienced in carrying out IP due diligence for investors and IP strategy development.
Helga graduated from Leeds University with a Mechanical Engineering Degree and entered the profession in 1991.